Saturday, August 27, 2011

Last of the Tomatoes & Eggplants - Bring on the Oranges!

I love love love growing things and now that I don't have kids at home and I am done with the crazy rat-race of trucking kids around, I have more time to enjoy my garden.  I'm getting old and its hard to bend over, so I had some raised (very raised I might add) garden boxes built.  
Can't wait for my grandson to be old enough to dig around with me!!
Here are some pics from the yesterday.
Well, there may be a few more tomatoes, but this is some of the last ones!  
Summer is quickly passing and soon it will be time to plant some winter yummies!
My eggplants struggled this year, only got a couple for some reason.
This one is a beauty and I cannot wait to put it on the grill in a few days!!
The great news is that as summer turns to fall, the oranges will slowly grow and begin to ripen!
What does this mean?
ORANGE JUICE FOR CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment